Fancy getting away from the UK for a number of months? Reside like a neighborhood in these 5 locations, all of which make it simple to take a super-long break.
Let’s face it: Journey is hard proper now. To consider COVID checks, varieties and doable quarantine, a weekend simply would not have the identical enchantment because it did in 2019. Enter a super-long vacation that takes the additional effort to be value it. However the place can British vacationers keep for six months… or extra?
We’re highlighting a number of the prime locations for long-term journey. Some want a visa, some do not. Some are in Europe, others are lengthy distance. Whether or not you are on the lookout for enjoyable island life or delving into a brand new metropolis, there’s one thing to go well with each model.
Disclaimer: Boundary guidelines, entry restrictions and site visitors gentle situations change on a regular basis. The data was appropriate on the time of writing. Try the federal government’s newest overseas journey recommendation for the nation you propose to go to earlier than reserving a visit.
High 5 locations for an extended trip
Why is Portugal good for an extended trip?
The price of residing is low, sunny and there’s a massive expatriate group. You’ll be able to rapidly construct a social life by becoming a member of native expat teams on Fb and there is loads to maintain you busy and entertained. Be taught to surf and stay your greatest seaside life within the Algarve, sip cocktails within the fashionable cities of Lisbon and Porto, or go rural with a farm-stay within the Alentejo.
How lengthy can I keep in Portugal?
Now that the UK has left the EU, Britons are handled as third nation residents. At the moment you’ll be able to keep for 90 days in any six month interval. If three months shouldn’t be sufficient for you, you’ll be able to apply for an prolonged keep visa.
Be taught extra about touring to the EU after Brexit.
Are there COVID-19 entry restrictions in Portugal?
- Mainland Portugal and the Azores Islands are at present on Sky journey listing
- is on madeira inexperienced watchlist
- Absolutely vaccinated passengers don’t should be quarantined on arrival – in any other case there’s a obligatory quarantine interval 14 days.
Why is Thailand good for an extended trip?
Daydream seashores, low value of residing and inhabitants which may be a number of the friendliest on earth make Thailand a preferred vacation spot for prolonged holidays. Reside the excessive life in bustling Bangkok, go island-hopping in Krabi province or head into the mountains and be part of the established digital nomadic group in Chiang Mai.
How lengthy can I keep in Thailand?
You’ll be able to keep as much as 30 days with no visa, 60 days with a vacationer visa or 90 days with a particular vacationer visa. It’s doable to use for an extension of your visa should you want to keep longer.
What are the COVID-19 entry restrictions in Thailand?
- Thailand is for the time being Sky journey listing
- Must spend on arrival from UK to Thailand 14 days at a state quarantine or different state quarantine facility
- Vaccinated passengers can at present journey Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Pha Ngan and Koh Tao with out quarantine
- Thailand is hopeful Absolutely reopening for vaccinated vacationers by the tip of 2021.
Why is Armenia good for an extended trip?
It’s an off-the-radar vacation spot with wealthy cultural heritage, pleasant ambiance and low value of residing. Get pleasure from enjoyable summer season evenings on Yerevan’s bar terrace, go climbing within the mountains, swim in crystal clear lakes and study scrumptious conventional dishes similar to tolma (stuffed bael leaves) and Khorovts (barbecued meat skewers).
How lengthy can I keep in Armenia?
British passport holders can keep with no visa for as much as 180 days (about six months).
Are there COVID-19 entry restrictions in Armenia?
- Armenia is at present on Sky journey listing
- Must deliver non-vaccinated or partially vaccinated vacationers detrimental PCR take a look at
- is it doable to pay for Check on arrival at Zvartnotts Airportand self-isolate till detrimental outcomes are achieved
Why is Barbados good for an extended trip?
12 months-round sunshine, white sand seashores and a cool tropical way of life…. That is the Caribbean dream. Bajan persons are famend for his or her pleasant and welcoming perspective, so anticipate a variety of hospitality. Throughout an extended trip in Barbados you will have time to strive water sports activities, discover the underground cave community, and pattern loads of rum.
How lengthy can I keep in Barbados?
British passport holders can keep visa-free in Barbados for as much as six months.
Are there COVID-19 entry restrictions in Barbados?
- Barbados is for the time being inexperienced watchlist
- Should deliver all passengers detrimental PCR take a look at End result
- To you Submit Embarkation/Disembarkation Card 24 hours earlier than arrival
- Non-vaccination and the arrival of partial vaccination required Pay for the Quarantine in an Official Resortand do PCR take a look at on the fifth day
- Vaccination vacationers want endure a take a look at on arrival and isolate till a detrimental take a look at outcome comes again (often inside 24 hours)
Why is Canada good for an extended trip?
It’s English-speaking and has loads to see and do – surprisingly for the second largest nation on the earth. You really want an extended trip to do justice to Canada. Take an autumn street journey round Nova Scotia, go to the ski slopes in Whistler or discover bustling cities like Toronto and French-influenced Montreal.
How lengthy can I keep in Canada?
British passport holders can keep in Canada for as much as six months with no visa. All you want is an Digital Journey Authorization (ETA) in case you are flying.
Are there COVID-19 entry restrictions in Canada?
- Canada is for the time being amber listing
- Absolutely vaccinated Britons shall be welcomed right here early September
- All passengers aged 5+ should produce a detrimental PCR take a look at outcome,
Prepared for an prolonged trip?
With extra individuals opting to take prolonged stays and even work overseas as a digital nomad, many international locations are providing long-stay visas to tempt vacationers. Reserving an enormous lengthy break has by no means been simpler. So why not beat the blues and begin the journey?
Discover out the place you’ll be able to go
Planning to return there? Discover out whose borders are open with our interactive international map, and signal as much as obtain e mail updates when your prime locations reopen.
Taking Too Lengthy Trip: Ceaselessly Requested Questions
There isn’t any mounted definition for long-term journey. It means various things to totally different individuals. That may imply staying on the street for 3 to 6 months, or extending your hole 12 months by a 12 months or two. For some long-haul gradual vacationers, similar to digital nomads, this may increasingly imply being on the transfer. As most holidays final a few weeks, we assume it’s longer than a month.
1. Analysis your vacation spot first: Which cities are the perfect, and which neighborhoods?
2. Verify Visa Necessities for Lengthy-Time period Vacationers
3. Put together a finances. Learn how a lot cash you must stay, and begin saving. Web sites like Numbeo can provide a good suggestion of the price of residing
4. Search for Lengthy-Time period Housing Choices
5. E-book your flights early. Some locations will wish to see your return ticket upon arrival.
1. E-book self-catering lodging so that you need not dine out each night time
2. Journey Throughout Low Season: Many lodging house owners supply particular offers to make sure full occupancy
3. Search for free issues to do in your locations. Many cities supply free strolling excursions, and museums supply free admission on particular events.
4. Do your personal laundry. Laundrates are sometimes less expensive than resort laundry providers
5. Be a minimalist. Spend cash solely on the stuff you want, not simply the stuff you need. For instance, seize espresso in a thermos and watch the individuals within the park as an alternative of going to the cafe.
Need to learn extra?
Keep motivated when the time is true. Get journey suggestions, information and offers straight to your inbox.